nafex - [NAFEX] groundcovers z 7 N. VA

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] groundcovers z 7 N. VA
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:55:17 -0400

We have zoysia in one of our nurseries - it gets to about 6 or 8", we try to
mow a couple times a year, but often less - seems to work well here in zone
7 N. VA Take 2 or three years to get well established when one has to mow it
every two weeks or so depending on other grass/weeds. It does not like that
early competition (shade? water? nutrients?), but once established keeps
pretty much everything out. Crocus seem to do ok if it is mowed.
Peter

  • [NAFEX] groundcovers z 7 N. VA, Peter Knop, 05/16/2004