nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Skunks good or skunks bad?

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Skunks good or skunks bad?
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:29:34 -0500

My experience with skunks leads me to put them in the "bad" list, if they
show up close to the house, chicken coop, or bee hives. They seem to be very
appealing to dogs, with unpleasantly smelly results. I have caught them in
the chicken coop, in early evening before I closed it up for the night,
killing chickens (oppossums are bad chicken killers too, based on personal
experience.) And they like to eat honey bee larva, and will destroy good
bee hives filled with bees to get at the larva in the combs.
I would rather have fox and coyotes around than possums and skunks.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>