nafex - RE: [NAFEX] blueberries and deer?

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] blueberries and deer?
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:06:27 -0500

We never had a usable crop of blueberries until I built a cage 5 feet wide
and 6 feet tall over the row of blueberries (single file row). The cage is
covered with 1" chicken wire, and has an old screen door for access. This
keeps the deer and rabbits away in the winter, and the birds in the summer.
Before this, the rabbits ate everything that stuck above the snow in winter,
and the birds ate the berries as they ripened.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>

  • RE: [NAFEX] blueberries and deer?, Erdman, Jim, 05/07/2004