nafex - [NAFEX] Cicadas, Japanese beetles

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cicadas, Japanese beetles
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:32:49 -0500

At 11:44 AM 4/30/2004 -0700, Robert wrote:
One of the links suggested that Japanise Beatles being
edible. Next month I will have enough to eat and put
up for storage. Anyone got a recipe for JB jam? :)

Actally, I dont think I could stand popping them in my
mouth (at least the adults), but I wish I could get
the birds interested in them.

I've got a co-worker who keeps a flock of chickens, and she has friends who use the JB pheromone traps empty the JBs into gallon ziploc bags and bring them to her, then she takes them home and sticks them in the freezer and they feed JBs to the chickens all winter long - or at least as long as the supply holds out.

Lucky