nafex - [NAFEX] bermudagrass

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bermudagrass
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:47:35 -0500

At 08:44 AM 4/26/2004 -0500, Sam wrote:
Although it may not grow as aggressively in Wisconsin as in Kansas (where my experience with this bothersome pest comes from), bermudagrass can be extremely invasive, practically choking out anything that it spreads around.  I think there are definitely better choices for a groundcover for an orchard. -- Sam Brungardt, Saint Paul, MN (USDA Zone 4b)

Same here.  No way I'd plant bermuda anywhere other than (maybe) a hayfield.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

  • [NAFEX] bermudagrass, Lucky Pittman, 04/26/2004