nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawnee and Kanza Pecans

  • From: "" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawnee and Kanza Pecans
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:13:32 -0500

Does anyone have both of these pecans?Pawnee ripened for me last year and
considering
grafting Kanza,I have read it both ripening a week before and a week after
and would
like to know which is right or is it variable.
Keith

I've got both but they're 1-2 yr grafts, so no nuts yet.

USDA Pecan Breeding &Genetics website has an alphabetized listing of
many cultivars,
with photos &descriptions - including Kanza &Pawnee.

[http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/carya]http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/carya

Lucky Pittman

Hopkinsville, KY