nafex - [NAFEX] Opuntia

  • From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Opuntia
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 06:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

    Several years ago I found an on-line store selling about a half-dozen different Opuntia cacti.  I purchased every kind to, hopefully, grow to sell at our farmers' market.  But this is zone 3 so I dug them out, stored them in the root cellar over the winter placing then out the following Spring.
    The thornless varieties didn't survive to even the first Spring and the thorniest of the bunch, the wild type, didn't seem to mind all the moving.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [NAFEX] Opuntia, Jim F, 04/08/2004