nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Graft success

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Graft success
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:13:04 -0600

I've had well cared for apricot grafts that put on 3-4 inches of growth that
shrivelled up in the heat of summer. I think that you can get a marginal
take that grows well in the tender warmth of spring and then fries in the
infernal fires of suummer. There's not enough cambial knitting, as Kevin
calls it, to quench the thirst of the scion so it wilts and dies.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI where thousand of croci are in bloom an Cornus
mas has peeped out.