nafex - [NAFEX] Apple Pruning

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: NAFEX <NAFEX@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple Pruning
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:05:33 -0500

Hello All,

Never realized the amount of work in pruning a standard
sized apple. Spent most of the day dancing around a Mac
with hand pruners, loppers, and one of those pruning poles.

The pruning pole is extendable and has a saw blade on one
side and loppers on the other. I never would have believed
how one of those pruning poles can sap your arms of
strength.

I used the pole for a while and went back to the ladder.
Although the ladder is more dangerous, you get a lot more
done, with less effort.

I tip my hat to all of you who prune standard sized trees on
a regular basis.

Later,
Tom

--