nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black currant and apple pie recipe

  • From: "William A. Grimes" <wagrimes@sonic.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black currant and apple pie recipe
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:48:14 -0800

I just pulled a bag of black currants out of the freezer.
I am planning to make a pie.  I may add some apples.  Has anyone got
suggestions or a recipe or should I just wing it.
Naomi
in Idaho

Try this one, adding apples if you must:

Currant Pie Recipe

2 cups currants, washed, picked

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 tablespoon flour

3 tablespoons water

Line pie plate with pie crust. Mix cornstarch and flour with the water. Put currants in pie crust, sprinkle with the sugar and pour over them the cornstarch mixture. Wet edges of the under crust, cover with upper crust, and press edges slightly together. Bake in moderate oven for about 35 minutes.

William A. Grimes
San Francisco, CA
wagrimes at sonic.net