nafex - [NAFEX] Grow Lights Unnecessary

  • From: Jim F <bonfire58_2000@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grow Lights Unnecessary
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:27:44 -0800 (PST)

     There is no need to buy grow-lights for your plants.  Grow-lights are expensive, many of them don't emit enough of the longer wave-lengths of light and there is a better alternative.
     If we examine growth chambers like those used by many universities, etc., we'll learn that they use fluorescent and incandescent bulbs to duplicate sunlight.  The proper proportion is seven watts of fluorescent to one watt of incandescent.  The entire ceiling of growth chambers are covered with bulbs in the same spacing as a fluorescent fixture would have.

Jim Fruth

Do you Yahoo!?