nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Forgotten black currants are wonderful fruit (ProvidenceJournal)

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Forgotten black currants are wonderful fruit (ProvidenceJournal)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:27:46 -0500

Hello,

I really enjoy currants (red/black) and this article does not do them
justice. If anything, it appears to me, to turn people away from currants.
I wonder how many readers will never get past the "stinking" part of the
first few lines. The opening of the article sets a tone that the rest of the
article never recovers from.

Can you tell I like currants, and truly believe they are under appreciated?

They also made a mistake in the article. You only prune out canes after 2-3
years of bearing fruit, when their yield begins to diminish.

Later,
Tom