nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape leaves for eating/cooking

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape leaves for eating/cooking
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:33:30 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] grape leaves for eating/cooking
Look for smooth, non hairy leaves.  Labrusca is out.  Valiant, Aurore, Swenson Red are three that work.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape Grower, at http://www.bunchgrapes.com
Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003

From: "bert dunn"

Hello all
I beleive this was discussed several years ago, however I did not hard copy results.
Please e-mail me on varieties you found were good  for cooking on or off the list
Thank you in advance     Bert

Bert Dunn   RR4   Tottenham   Zone 4b