nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting knife grip?

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting knife grip?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:28:40 -0500

I have found myself when cutting scions or stock that I have my tips of my thumbs together and it Puts a lot of  controls on any slips. Being on Coumidin (Rat Poison) for the rest of my life I have to be very careful. Try it it can stop a slip many times. I try to remember to show this to anyone I teach grafting to. I did forget to show Bob Halgren last spring and He had a lot of stitches.

Lucky is right you have a right handed grafting knife.

I have sent Lucky and Doc L TV clip of a person using bypass pruning shears to make the cuts and I think it is the way I will be going. The knife then only is to clean up the one edge of the cut. Make sure the pruners are sharp.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.