nafex - [NAFEX] Red leafed plum.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Red leafed plum.
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:04:01 EST

Hello all,

For you plum growers, I'd like to call attention to a red leafed plum that Raintree Nursery has that is trade marked Kuban Burgundy. This is an unusual plum that the picture doesn't do justice. I should know, I took the picture. The Bing sweet cherry taste is easily discernible and I highly recommend it. Sad to say it is as susceptible to plum maladies, but worth the effort in my books.

Kuban Delight is also good. There is no evidence that they will pollinate each other.

These are two of the Russian plums that were brought through quarantine in about 1995. I plan to write a report later on this material. One variety ripens fruit here in Indiana in late June.

Jerry Lehman