nafex - [NAFEX] osage orange hedge

  • From: "Peter Knop" <knop@erols.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] osage orange hedge
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:06:33 -0500

Lon, VERY interested in your comment - I have not tried rooting osage orange
(wonder why that did not occur to me - roots sprout like wild when cut, so
branches might root easily.....)
In any event,every reference I have seen, talks abut seeds. I have a
book only on hedges which devotes a good part of it to osage (published
1869) and it only talks about seed. If you could provide any references, I
would most appreciate it.
Peter, zone 7, N VA Chantilly> Message: 2