nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Spray N' Groan

  • From: Waite8@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org (North American Fruit Explorers)
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Spray N' Groan
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 04:33:39 -0500

May I add my voice to this. I bought the stuff years ago and kept telling
myself that I would see results. Bad Idea! I have a bottle in my basement
that might become a collectors item. Thanks to all of you who have taken the
time to shed light on this. Waite Maclin, Maine, Zone 5

In a message dated 1/31/2004 1:26:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, Don Yellman
<dyellman@earthlink.net> writes:

>1.  There is a reason why the ingredients in Spray N' Grow are secret.
>It is because they consist mainly of water and a color change agent.
>When more water is added to the original water, it makes the solution
>change from a sickly clear to a sickly yellow color.  This is an
>impressive scientific phenomenon.
>
>2.  Many years ago, a fellow down in Houston was fiddling around in his
>garage when he discovered a magic solution.  But the solution he found
>was not liquid.  It was marketing.  Direct mail marketing, to be exact,
>with a heavy component of testimonials from happy consumers.  If you
>mail out enough brochures, somebody will buy your stuff, and if you
>price it high, many of them are going to appreciate it because, well, if
>it's expensive it must be good.  This fellow from Houston was no fool.
>He had figured out a basic characteristic of human nature.
>
>3.  Most of the people who buy this stuff are experienced and capable
>gardeners.  They grow beautiful vegetables and fruits.  When they apply
>Spray N' Grow they still grow beautiful vegetables and fruits.  But now
>that they have spent 20 bucks for a small bottle of water, they want to
>credit the product for their success.  And they are happy to offer their
>cards, letters and photographs.  Most of them never wonder why a fellow
>from Houston with no scientific credentials was able to discover an
>agricultural miracle that had eluded researchers the world over.  Not
>that there is anything wrong with being from Houston.  Far from it.
>
>4.  In fact, the invention of Spray N' Grow in Houston is an anomaly.
>Most of the real action takes place around San Francisco.  That lovely
>city is the epicenter of "bio-dynamics", wherein, as Jim Erdman has
>observed, burying substances in a cow's skull for later use is a
>principal element of the system.  Concentrating "life forces" with
>crystals, chants, and seances is a growth industry in San Francisco,
>where there always seems to be a shortage of life forces.
>
>5.  The world is full of hokum, and I would be the last to call anyone
>foolish for buying Spray N' Grown.  The reason?  Because I bought some
>myself, tried it for two years, and discovered that using it or not
>using it produced exactly the same results.  So, like Bernie, I learned
>something, and it only cost me a little over 20 bucks.  With the costs
>of education so high, that's very reasonable.
>
>Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

>File attachments are NOT stripped by this list
>Please do not send binary files.
>Use plain text ONLY in emails!
>
>Message archives are here:
>https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex
>
>NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/

  • [NAFEX] Spray N' Groan, Don Yellman, 01/31/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] Spray N' Groan, Waite8, 01/31/2004