nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "cultivar of the quarter" feedback

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "cultivar of the quarter" feedback
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:53:50 -0800 (PST)

If I may poke my head in to this question...

I know what is termed "minor" may be different
depending on what area of the world or even country
you live in.

Here are some of the top of my head:

Sorbus fruit
Barberry
Cornus Kousa/Cornus Mas
Medlar
jujube
Raisin tree fruit
Pomegranate
Goumis/ Autumn olive/ Sea buckthorn
Elderberries
Aronia
Hardy citrus
Serviceberries
Hawthorns
wolfberries
Magnolia vine

Nuts:

Low tannin oaks
Hickory/Hicans
Yellowhorn
Ginko
Pine nuts

I would always welcome more info on Loquats and Butia
Palm fruits, but may people on here may not be able to
grow them.

--- Jacquelyn Kuehn <jakuehn@mail.yourinter.net>