nafex - Re: [NAFEX] FW: Earth's Papaya Bank

  • From: David Consolvo <fruitopia@nexet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] FW: Earth's Papaya Bank
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:30:03 -0500

I don't know about raising from seed, but when I lived in the very mild
climes of New Zealand in the 1980's, the "mountain papayas" found in many
places were not that tasty. They were certainly edible, and not unpleasant,
but just not that great, even for a fruit-lover like me.

David Consolvo
Virginia