nafex - Re: [NAFEX] limequat

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] limequat
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:23:38 -0500

Do they need to be in a cool place for the winter, or can you just bring them indoors and treat as house plants?

On Dec 17, 2003, at 8:10 PM, Hector Black wrote:

Hi Ginda,
If it's the Rio Grande limequat, I've had pretty good success with them.
I grew them from seeds, however, and they're very thorny. The mature growth
may not be. Found them quite productive and ornamental. I juyst clipped
the thorns. The juice is good, but the skin doesn't seem to have any
flavor. Mine are the size of a small tangerine. Bigger than Calamondin. I
move them outside in their pots (aboveground) as early as possible and start
fertilizing a bit before that to get good growth and flowering. Have them
in an unheated room in winter.
Hector Black zone 6 middle TN