nafex - Subject: [NAFEX] George IV Peach

  • From: CARON Serge <Serge.Caron@ino.ca>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Subject: [NAFEX] George IV Peach
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:51:47 -0500

You can read a digitized (old) book on peach trees at the Core Historical
Literature of Agriculture (Cornell University) Website.
At the end of this book there is a list of old peach cultivars. Some are
said very hardy. May be you will find information on Geoge IV.

Search for the book : The American peach orchard; a sketch of the practice
of peach growing in North America at the beginning of the twentieth century
(1913) by Frank A. Waugh at the Website : http://chla.library.cornell.edu/

Serge

Has anyone on the list grown an old peach cultivar known as George IV ?
I've ordered a couple trees of it for coastal Maine, but have no idea how
well it does up north. I'd very much like to hear of anyone's experiences
with this particular peach.

Ce courrier électronique s'adresse uniquement à la personne désignée
ci-dessus, il est confidentiel et ne doit pas être remis à une autre
personne, ni reproduit et son contenu ne peut être autrement divulgué.
Si ce courrier électronique vous est transmis par erreur, veuillez
nous en avertir immédiatement à l'adresse securite@ino.ca. Nous
vous remercions de votre collaboration.

This email is directed in confidence solely to the person named above,
and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. If you have
received this email by error, please notify us immediately by email to
address security@ino.ca. Thank you for your cooperation.