nafex - [NAFEX] container fruit

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly0312@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] container fruit
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:28:07 +0000

I am always delighted in the middle of winter to have the citrus in full bloom in the basement.  We have some large windows offering natural light that I supplement with overhead fluorescents on timers so plants get a total of 12-14 hours of light.  Then I'm down there playing "bee" with Q-tip and brushed to pollinate.  I get lots of kumquats and calamondine oranges.  This is the first year my kiffer lime blossomed--it was more in late spring.  I had already taken the plants outside.  Right now I am hovering over 1 giant (approx 4" diameter!!!) lime!  But boy are the thorns huge and evil on the kiffer lime!

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month.*
*Depending on the local service providers in your area.

  • [NAFEX] container fruit, Michelle Horner, 10/25/2003