nafex - [NAFEX] Weeds in fruit bushes

  • From: "Moyer, Richard" <ramoyer@king.edu>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Weeds in fruit bushes
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:41:49 -0400

The discussion on weeds in blueberries reminds me of a small fruit planting
principle:
Kill and/or remove all perennial weeds well before planting, else the work
is never ending.
Also, never allow annual weeds to go to seed in or near the bed. A heavy
layer of mulch helps, we use the neighbors oak leaves.

If these can be followed (and it's a tall order for some sites) weeds in
smallfruits can be easily managed, even organically, at least on a small
scale.

Richard Moyer
East Tenn.
Home to remove two late season thistle plants from my new blueberry patch,
before they seed.