nafex - [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1 Che Tree Fruiting

  • From: "Pete" <kc5gxc@neandertech.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1 Che Tree Fruiting
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:59:36 -0500

Hi Scott
I have a young Che from Edible Landscaping in Va. It's a female. It bore
some nice fruit, but this was much earlier in the summer with the early
figs. They were kinda bland, but cooked up nice with the figs. Maybe when
the tree matures the fruit will sweeten some.
The leaves are starting to become yellowed somewhat now (some) ...fall is
here. Fruit long gone. Still making some figs, though, and watered them
today . Got a couple Che grafted onto Lucky's osage orange seedlings and
they look good.
Pete in z 8b, SE Louisiana

> Subject: [NAFEX] che tree update
> To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
>
> my southcentral PA che update as we approach frosty weather:
>
> tree(from Hidden Springs) were planted over two years ago so have just
> gone through their third summer. Male tree had set a few fruits but now
> has none. Female set a few more but not many and now has maybe 6
> remaining. Fruits still small and only a hint of redness.
>
> is this just immaturity,or could there be a culture problem? all of the
> apples, nashi, pears, peaches and apricot that i planted at the same time
> have already borne fruit. i had read at CRFG that che is quick to bear.
>
> Scott

  • [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1 Che Tree Fruiting, Pete, 10/01/2003