nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yellowhorn yield?

  • From: Hector Black <hblack@twlakes.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yellowhorn yield?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:43:38 -0500

Hello Richard,
We've harvested a few for the past 2 years. It's been a long wait
before then. Our flowers often get frosted but this was an easy spring and
we had maybe 4 or 5 "fruits" with 6 or 8 nuts in each.
I remember tasting them several years ago before planting and found them
quite good, but I tried again last year and didn't like them. Thought maybe
time was necessary to cure them, so I'm waiting on this recent crop to see
if they taste better in March or so.
Hector Black zone 6 middle TN