nafex - Re: [NAFEX] raspberries

  • From: "Richard O'Barr" <aatopgunaa@mindspring.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] raspberries
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:45:37 -0500

P.S. Zone 7.
----- Original Message -----
From: bert dunn
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 8:13 AM
Subject: [NAFEX] raspberries

Hello all
Have had a patch for 4-5 years- plants were a gift from a friend with a long established patch, summer bearing, variety not known.
This week while working in garden, came across 1 plant with approx 12 red, ripe, sweet berries thereon. I marked it carefully.
Is this fall bearing likely a fluke?
Should I remove marked plant now or in the spring and keep isolated to see if it fall bears again?
Thanks in advance           Bert