nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapes

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapes
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:04:00 +0000

Here in some of the area's medium-to-poor soils, grapes grow better where the soil is poor enough that the herbacious layer is struggling. Or where a vine can climb a tree and get more sun, while its root zone is so shady the grass can't grow. Try growing your grapes in loam soil WITH and WITHOUT weed/sod control, and see the dif.

tc, s.WI, between the Arlington prairie and the Central Sands.