nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp thread

  • From: Stefan Brandle <sbrandle@css.tayloru.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp thread
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:48:08 -0500

Just tried my first honeycrisp (zone 5a, just south of lake Michigan). Very crisp, not as sweet as some others note, definitely not overly flavor endowed. Texture reminded me of some of the Asian pairs that I've tried in the past.

It's becoming constantly more apparent to me what a big difference weather/climate plays in determining the quality of an apple. Honeycrisp is probably a whole lot nicer when grown back at its home in MN.

-sb