nafex - Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Seed Germination

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] PawPaw Seed Germination
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:56:27 -0400

mIEKAL
At this time no. The summers here have been very dry The last three years the worst. The winter's have been bare besides. My trees are loaded but the fruit is not going to get much bigger than a XL egg. Chestnuts, persimmons etc all look very sad as to size. Hardy Kiwis, Walnuts, hardy pecans are doing very well, and the tree rats are hauling them off as fast as I can haul the TR's off I never seen only an occasional one every few weeks till the last month or so. Rebecca's Gold seems to be close to the first to ripen, and it has a very good taste.
If we do not get enough rain for the tree roots again this fall I believe there will be a lot of dead trees of all kinds come next year. I was surprised to see a lot of them come back this year. The black walnuts are turning yellow already.
I have talked to Bill Nash from Nash Nurseries and he is having the same drought. Some of you must sure know him.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, MI.