nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Selective Cuttings

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Selective Cuttings
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:49:54 -0400

Well, I've seen this selective action and just thought it was my lousy luck
which caused it. I have disregarded which limb I used to get fig cuttings
for reproduction and now I have an idea as to why some of my rooted cuttings
produced fruit and some didn't. I have always thought it was due to
location, etc. Some of the cuttings only resemble the parent tree in a
strict latin name description. I couldn't find out what type fig it was
from fruit description, mainly because there wasn't any. Others produced
figs later (no breba crop) or so late they wouldn't have time to develop
before frost.
This phenomenon could be the cause of a lot of name mis-representaion in
this line of fruits.
Let me make sure that you are saying; that cuttings from fruiting limbs
should produce a fruiting propagation result (or words to that effect). Is
this the idea?
Doc L
Zone 7/8

  • [NAFEX] Re: Selective Cuttings, longdistshtr, 08/15/2003