nafex - [NAFEX] new use for bananas

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] new use for bananas
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:09:26 -0700

Always exploring for fruit and news about fruit, I ran across the following
story today:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=4&u=/nm/20030
729/od_nm/odd_germany_bananas_dc

The news story referenced in the link above describes a shoplifter in
Germany that was trying to walk off with a bunch of bananas. When we was
caught, he turned the bananas into a weapon. Quoting from the story "By the
time the police arrived, the attendant's face and upper body were completely
smeared with bananas," police said in a statement. He was not seriously
injured." No pictures accompanied the story.

-Mark Lee