nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherries -- Longish, questions and comments

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherries -- Longish, questions and comments
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:16:18 +0000

You have quite the stone fruit planting
Here in n MN. we bottomed out around minus 35F with little snow, it was not really a test winter for here, but I still see strange bud damage, one for instance is a whitney crab - zone hardy for here but all leaf buds died except the very tips of 3 branches, makes for a strange looking tree!
What was your winter like? bottom temp? dry / snow?
I am wondering if we got some exceptionally drying winds that did damage beyond their temperature.
As to mushrooms, I have watched little red squirrels taking them up trees to store them, Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3