nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Mulberry cuttings

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: cathykelleher@earthlink.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Mulberry cuttings
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:26:34 -0500

Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org> =====
>How would I go about starting cutting from my Illinois Everbearing?

I've rooted both dormant cuttings - handled similar to their relatives, the
fig- and summer cuttings, taken in late July-early August. Pencil to
finger-size cuttings, 6-8 inches long. Remove all but the top 3 or 4 leaves,
and cut about half of each leaf off. Dip the basal end in your choice of
rooting hormone and stick in a 50/50 mix of sand & peat. Place in a
relatively shady spot, and water daily. Willow water may or may not help in
inducing rooting at a more rapid rate.
They usually root either way at a relatively high %.

Lucky

  • [NAFEX] Mulberry cuttings, Kelleher Cathy, 07/12/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: [NAFEX] Mulberry cuttings, Lucky.Pittman, 07/12/2003