nafex - [NAFEX] Re:Honeyberry jam

  • From: John Jourdan <jourdanj@foxinternet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re:Honeyberry jam
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:35:52 -0500

I mulch my Honeyberries with a thick layer of woodchips. The wood chips are
actually a mixture of chips and composted leaves. I have rarely given them
fertilizer but a few years I gave them some extra nitrogen in the form of
ammonian sulfate the same as I use on my blueberries. I have mine in full
sun but if I plant new ones will provide some shade for a few years.
I think the berries have potential for culinary purposes.

  • [NAFEX] Re:Honeyberry jam, John Jourdan, 06/24/2003