nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Native plums

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <efackler@woh.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Native plums
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:01:26 -0400

Greg:

Hollywood is excellent quality and a fairly nice ornamental (maroon red
foliage).
However, it is not completely compatible with a lot of common (domestica)
rootstocks.

Possibly someone can tell us what stock is best suited for Hollywood.

All Red was mediocre at best in So. Indiana.

Ed, Ohio rain, rain, and rain