nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Japanese Beetle

  • From: John.Mosko@engelhard.com
  • To: hector black <hblack@twlakes.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Japanese Beetle
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:09:47 -0400

Hi Hector,

For wine grapes removal is not necessary. We sell a bunch of Surround for
California grapes for berry sunburn and leafhoppers. But you are
absolutely correct about table grapes - for table grapes, I would use
Surround early, then stop when berries are small. This detail is all on the
label.

John

hector black

<hblack@twlakes.net> To: North American
Fruit Explorers
Sent by: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

nafex-bounces@lists. cc:

ibiblio.org Subject: Re: [NAFEX]
Japanese Beetle

06/11/2003 07:06 PM

Please respond to

hector black; Please

respond to North

American Fruit

Explorers

Hi John,
Surround did work pretty well in suppressing feeding, but we found it
hard to removed from the grapes. It's much easier to remove from a large
fruit like apple or pear. Because of the cluster, it seems to remain on
the
inside and is harder to remove.
Hector Black. zone 6