nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More Peaches Drop

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More Peaches Drop
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 06:55:17 -0400

Don,
I know pit-grown peaches are sort of a fool's gamble, but I can't
seem to not try it when they sprout in the compost. I find any home-raised
peach is better than any supermarket peach. Unfortunately I don't really
possess the expertise to go it without chemicals, so I find myself always in
a bind. I like to raise fruit, using poisons spoil it for me, and it is very
difficult to do it successfully without.
The seedling in question is six feet tall and perhaps four feet
around, so I thought it might be ready this year. dylan