nafex - [NAFEX] culling

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] culling
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

It was queried:

Which liberal opposition to culling bothers you?

My reply:

The part that allows liberals to reproduce.

Now in all seriousness if you would get over your visceral, personalized
response to my statement you might come to realize there are benefits to a
society that supports via education the "personal decision" for some people
to step out of the gene pool for future benefit of society.

Culling is essentially a process of selecting, it does not imply immediately
exterminating the life that already exists. There are several diseases that
are genetic in nature and are not acquired through lifestyle or the
environment, nor naturally mutating in statistical significance. These
ailments could simply be eliminated from the gene pool, in terms of future
generations, if those carrying the genes opted out of reproduction. In the
past that might have been viewed in terms of society as noble, distinguished,
and honorable and people in the past found societal support for such
decisions. Today, every defect is celebrated as worthy of inclusion in our
future breeding stock. That, in essence, is what I am opposed to; some
traits are simply better off not passed on to future generations.

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com w/No