nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bernie Nikolai

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <bnikolai@shaw.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bernie Nikolai
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 19:29:52 -0600 (MDT)

I do Lon. I'll have him contact Forest with the best contacts I can think
of.:) Much of Mongolia would be very similar in climate to southern Alberta,
dry, windy, short grass prairie, hot in summer yet very cold to -40C in
winter.

By the way, as I write we are in the middle of yet another snowstorm! The
high tomorrow is 34F and the low 26F. We are very much below normal in
terms of temperature, about 30F lower in terms of highs. We are at green
tip now, but I'm sure I could still hunt and collect good scionwood if I
really wanted to. 3 of my 4 booked games of golf so far this year have been
cancelled due to snow! While May snowstorms are not uncommon here, I can't
recall a slower, colder, snowier spring in the 25 years I've lived here. I
guess the clash of this very cold snowy airmass with the warm humid air from
the Gulf of Mexico is what is causing the bad tornadoes in Kansas and
Missouri.
Bernie

At 10:31 AM 5/5/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a current address for Bernie Nikolai?
>-Lon Rombough

  • [NAFEX] Bernie Nikolai, Lon J. Rombough, 05/05/2003
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] Bernie Nikolai, Bernie Nikolai, 05/05/2003