nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Please advise: Thinning plums

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Please advise: Thinning plums
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 13:28:47 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Please advise: Thinning plums
Shaking IS a way to thin.  Don't overdo it on Hollywood, though.  It's a very nice plum, but you pick it within minutes after it ripens.  That's not much of an exaggeration.  I've seen it go from firm to so soft the stem end pulled out like a cone in one day, and it was mush on the ground shortly after that.
-Lon Rombough