nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pear questions

  • From: marillen@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pear questions
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:47:33 -0500 (GMT)

It might, or it might not. It depends on the cause of the hard spots. If
the cause is viral or nutritional (calcium deficiency, for instance), the
problem will likely show up in the scion cultivars as well. If is something
else, the scion variety may escape or suffer reduced injury.

Maybe not too helpful, but some things could be addressed to reduce their
possible influence, like calcium sprays. I guess it's worth a try to at
least topwork part of the tree and see what happens.

Anton