nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think aboutit the more ...

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fwd: A Good Plan For Peace..the more you think aboutit the more ...
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:21:29 +0000

Thank you, Lon !

tc

From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:03:31 -0800

Problem is, any given discussion list usually has one particular area of
interest it was set up for. In this case, it is fruit and nut culture. If
the list starts into other, unrelated areas, it can easily break down into a
free-for-all and the members lose interest and either leave or stop
participating. Either way is death for the list. While we all have an
interest in the intended topic, we don't all have an interest in other
topics, or we have varying ideas and opinions. Trying to veer into those
other areas is a sure way to bring about division.
In short, keep on topic and keep the list. Go off topic, there goes the
list. Much better to send those "special" items just to people who you KNOW
would want to recieve them.
-Lon Rombough

I think everyplace is the place for this. I do not object.