nafex - Re: [NAFEX] snow gathering/raspberries

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] snow gathering/raspberries
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:02:51 +0000

Why not Autumn Bliss? Does it have problems?
It is a marvelously delicious berry, and large. Only problem is that it is so late bearing for a 95 day area. I put up a full hoop tent to hold off the frost 2 years running and still lost over half of the berries. ( A expert recomended them, btw) Now I am doing more modest experiments. New plantings are a handful of- kilarny, caroline, k 81 6, polana, summit, boyne, and hope to add autumn red. Always looking for others if anyone has one to recommend. I have hoped for a functional autumn bearing rasp. because then I don't have to worry about winter damage on a cold dry winter. Del Z2/3

  • Re: [NAFEX] snow gathering/raspberries, del stubbs, 03/20/2003