nafex - Re: [NAFEX] invasive exotics redux

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] invasive exotics redux
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:28:46 -0500

miekal and wrote:

> There is a big difference between sustainable farm practices based on
> ecological principals & monoculture & factory farm practices.

Hello,

Factory farming has nearly wiped out the family farm. There is no going back
to sanely run
family farms now. But what drives the factory farm... more, cheaper, faster
and the public in
general is leading the chant.

We are getting what we asked for.

Those chanting greener, safer, healthier, are totally drown out by those
wanting more, cheaper,
faster.

Just my opinion.

But none of us would be with NAFEX if we held too closely with the masses.
(smile)

Later,
Tom

God speed.