nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apple questions

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <efackler@woh.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apple questions
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:56:17 -0500

Orville:

     Nothing at stupid about your question.

     Splendour is very sweet with dense (but not hard) flesh, large size, easily managed tree and as grown in KS will be extremely ugly (much surface and irregular russet).
     Kinsei can be an outstanding very late maturing apple.  It is hyper sensative to all common diseases.  Super sweet.
     Golden Supreme looks great and that is about it.

Ed, mid-Ohio still winter with snow forecast tonight----burr!!