nafex - [NAFEX] Green Meyers Lemons

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Green Meyers Lemons
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:23:02 -0500

I went to the local over-priced market today, and happened upon a stack of small citrus labeled "Meyers Lemon". They looked a lot like the fruit from my Meyers Lemon - what surprised me was that many of them were half green.

I always wait until my lemons are fully yellow to pick them. This can take months, since they generally ripen in the winter, when the plant doesn't get much sun or heat.

Did the supplier just pick his under-ripe, to sell to unsuspecting customers? Are they good when half green? In short, what's up with this?

Thanks,
Ginda