nafex - [NAFEX] Reputations of Fruit Tree Suppliers / FINAL

  • From: "Sgroppino Farms" <sgroppino@sgroppino.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Reputations of Fruit Tree Suppliers / FINAL
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:17:26 -0500

Dear NAFEX members:

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your experiences with me regarding Southmeadow Fruit Gardens.  I'm so glad I asked about these folks before becoming yet another one of their casualties.

Based on the recommendations I got from everyone, I was able to track down all the apple cultivars I was looking for by going with Fedco, Cummins Nursery, Big Horse Creek Farm, Adams County Nursery and Trees of Antiquity.  Many of the more unusual apples I'm after will have to be grafted this Spring, but I don't mind the wait if I ultimately end up with good, healthy, properly identified trees.

Thanks again everyone.

John

* * * * *

John A Gasbarre
Sgroppino Farms
Vinalhaven Island, Maine
USDA Zone 5

  • [NAFEX] Reputations of Fruit Tree Suppliers / FINAL, Sgroppino Farms, 02/14/2003