nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Inventories

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Inventories
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:02:19 +0000

Agree ! I like the idea of seeing what DIDN'T work !

I'm in southern WI, definitely z4 this year (how deep is the frost now ?!) My inventory is no way as impressive as those you others have listed; I've mostly dabbled in grafting, mostly apples. Some of you may recall my pear-grafting puzzle. Have about 30 trees, mostly apple, have given away as many or maybe more. I've also tried some red raspberries, grapes, red currants, jostaberry, Amelanchiers, & native plums. Interested in hazelnuts, elderberries, & black raspberries, as they grow wild everywhere here. My soil is pretty sandy. Would that be why my Amelanchiers barely grow, and why I only rarely see a wild tree in the woods ?

Tanis Cuff