nafex - [NAFEX] Beginning Apple Growers Workshop in Indy

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <efackler@woh.rr.com>
  • To: "NAFEX Greetings:" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Beginning Apple Growers Workshop in Indy
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:12:58 -0500

Greetings, NAFEX:

This is just a note to announce a great Workshop for Beginning Apple
Growers.

Date and time: Jan. 27, 2003 - 8:30 am to 5 pm.

Location: Adams Mark Motel, Indianapolis, Indiana (just off I-465 near
the Airport).

Topics include the following.

1. On Farm Marketing and U-Pick.

2. Equipment Needed in the Early Years.

3. Varieties for Direct Marketing.

4. Basic Tree Pruning.

5. Pest Management, Basics of Scouting

6. Thinning.

7. On Farm Sales of Related Products.

8. The Art of Making Super Quality Cider.

As an added attraction, my good friend and recently retired Professor
Dick Hayden has agreed to tutor Peter Hirst in
the art of translating K-Bonics. For those of you who have yet to meet
Peter, he is from New Zealand where the English language
is still very new. And as a token of midwest hospitality, Dick has mustered
up enough nerve to make yet another attempt to help
Pete. This should be hallarious!!! (And well worth your attendance.)

For more information go the website
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/hort/ext/hortcongress/default.html. This site
describes the entire agenda for the annual Indiana Horticulture Congress.

I hope to see you there.

Ed Fackler

  • [NAFEX] Beginning Apple Growers Workshop in Indy, Ed Fackler, 01/14/2003