nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sea buckthorn in the south

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sea buckthorn in the south
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:01:06 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] sea buckthorn in the south
The majority of sea buckthorn plants orgininate in areas with dry, cold climates.  They need dry, gravelly or sandy soils, and cooler climates than Georgia.  There ARE forms that grow in warmer, moister soils, but they aren't readily available.  Depending on where you live, you might be better off with something like Goumi, which is a warmer climate species of Eleagnus.